No need to pay fancy restaurants to enjoy a good classic French appetizer. This tasty and tender beef tartare will do the trick.
- 1/2 lb round beef
- 2 tbsp capers, chopped
- 1 salted cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- olive oil
- salt to taste
- red pepper to taste
- Cut the beef into thin strips then finely chop them.
- Add the chopped capers, cucumber, shallot, garlic and egg yolk (the whites separated) to the beef.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add in your salt, red pepper, balsamic and mustard to taste.
- Mix well and spread on any bread of your choice.