Mediterranean Chicken Salad
Healthy doesn't have to be boring. This recipe of grilled Mediterranean chicken salad is packed with flavours that you would want this to be an everyday staple!
Servings: 4 people
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- cracked pepper to taste
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken: thigh fillets or chicken breasts
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce, washed and dried
- 1 large cucumber diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives or black olives, sliced (your preference)
- lemon wedges to serve
- Whisk together all of the marinade/dressing ingredients in a large bowl. Pour out half of the marinade into a large, shallow dish. Refrigerate the remaining marinade for use as dressing later.
- Add the chicken to the shallow dish with marinade and set aside for 15-30 minutes (or up to two hours in the refrigerator if time allows). While waiting for the chicken, prepare all of the salad ingredients and mix in a large salad bowl.
- Once chicken is marinated, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a grill pan or a grill plate over medium-high heat. Cook chicken on both sides until brown and completely cooked through.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes; slice and arrange over salad. Drizzle salad with the remaining dressing/marinade. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Optional: add 1/2 cup crumbled feta for a more flavorful salad!