Beef and Broccoli
Forget about the takeout or heating a pre-packed meal. This fast and easy recipe of beef and broccoli is fresh and delicious meal in 20 minutes or less.
Servings: 4 people
- 3 tbsp cornstarch, divided
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound flank steak, cut into thin 1-inch pieces
- 3 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup white onions, sliced
- Whisk together 2 tbsp cornstarch with 3 tbsp water in a large bowl. Add the beef to the bowl and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining 1 tbsp cornstarch with the soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. Set the sauce aside.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of the vegetable oil and once hot, add the beef and cook, stirring constantly until the beef is almost cooked through. Transfer the beef to a plate and set it aside.
- Add the remaining 1 tbsp of vegetable oil to the pan and once hot, add the broccoli florets and sliced onions and cook, stirring occasionally until the broccoli is tender, about 4 minutes.
- Return the beef to the pan then add the prepared sauce. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until the sauce thickens slightly. Best served with rice or noodles.